Kathy was cranking the extruder, Rebecca was mixing clay colors, Denise was creating undersea creatures. We talked about our fearless leaders' (Barb and Les) soon-to-be opened gallery and studio space in Verona. Irene pondered the color blends to make Radiant Orchid and Judy was hatching plans for a frame for our bead strings. Laura told us about teaching a class in Argentina and Wendy dropped off a collection of hula hoops.
Our spring workshop is coming up March 15-16, 2014 with Christi Friesen. We'll be doing a floral wall hanging.
Clay Day agendas:
- 10 - 11 am: Show and Tell. New items you're working on and/or the results of our latest challenges go on the table for all to see and admire
- 11- Noon: Have questions about how to do something? Now's the time to ask
- Noon - 1 pm: Demo of the Day
- February : "Show and Tool Day" bring your favorite clay tools or tricks to show to the gang or tell about a almost-disaster you wiggled out of with some ingenious solution!
- March TBD: TBD
- April 27: Etsy, Flickr, Blogger, Facebook, Twitter...how to use them all together (Rebecca Watkins)
- May 18: Silhouette cutter system for polymer clay (Barb Kaczor)
- June TBD: Finishing your jewelry -- hardware tips for clasps (Kathy Bintrim)
- July 20: Simple relief face sculpture (Les Polinko)
- August TBD:
- September TBD: Pasta Machine surgery (take it apart, clean it, and put it back together better than new!)
- 1-3 pm: Clay your own way!
All activities are voluntary but if you want to see the demo, make sure you're there by noon.
(The officers take a half hour out of free clay time for a board meeting.)
Visit our website for directions to the Swissvale Fire House www.polymerclayintheburgh.org
|seated: Laura Tabakman, Kathy Brintrim, Les Polinko, Denice Girardeau|
Standing: Irene Hill, Judy Slater, Barb Kaczor
|"Now, what kind of fun can I have with all of these?" said Rebecca.|
|Kathy's got quite a collection of mica powders!|
Wishing all of you a colorful new year full of creative ideas!